This is our second Recipe of the Month from our content partner Skinny Kitchen!
If you’re looking for a fabulous tasting dish that makes a wonderful presentation, this recipe is for you. So many different taste sensations melded together to create this Greek flavored dinner. It’s chock full of healthy ingredients thanks to using lean chicken breasts, nutritious Greek salad salsa, tossing in a tasty reduced-fat salad dressing and topping with fat-free feta cheese. The skinny for 1 serving is 288 calories, 6 grams of fat and 7 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. The regular recipe uses all full fat ingredients and much more cheese, olives, chicken and dressing. It contains 670 calories and 49 grams of fat. You won’t miss a thing with my skinny recipe. It’s really delicious and very satisfying!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for Roasted Potatoes
1 pound (1 mesh bag) teeny tiny potatoes (whole) or red potatoes cut in fours, see shopping tip
¾ tablespoon olive oil
Salt and fresh ground pepper
Ingredients to Marinate Chicken
1½ pounds chicken breast tenders, boneless, skinless
2 fresh lemons
Salt and fresh ground pepper
Ingredients for Greek Salad Salsa
2 cups grape or sugar plum tomatoes
1½ cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
1 orange or yellow bell pepper, trimmed and chopped
½ cup scallions, chopped, use white and green part
⅓ cup Ken’s Lite Caesar Dressing or Cardini’s Light Caesar Vinaigrette, see shopping tip
2 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
Ingredients for Topping
⅓ cup fat-free feta cheese, see shopping tip
8 Kalamata olives, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. To roast the potatoes-Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil all over potatoes and toss to coat. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Bake in oven for about 25-30 minutes until soft and browned. Remove from oven, cover with foil to keep warm and set aside.
3. While potatoes are roasting, place chicken tenders in a bowl. Squeeze the juice of 2 lemons all over the chicken. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 15 minutes and up to 2 hours.
4. To make the Greek salad salsa-Place all salsa ingredients in a bowl and toss with dressing, lemon juice and oregano. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. To cook chicken: In a large nonstick pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Add chicken and cook about 3 minutes on each side over medium-high heat until completely cook through.
6. To serve: Add the chicken to a large serving plate. Place the roasted potatoes all around. Top with Greek salad salsa. Sprinkle all over the top with feta cheese and olives.
7. If you don’t plan to serve this dish all at once, only toss in dressing the portion you’ll use and store the leftovers separately in the refrigerator. Toss the remaining Greek salsa when ready to serve the next day. Left-overs are yummy to pack for lunch!
Makes 5 servings
I found a mesh bag of teeny tiny potatoes at Trader Joe’s. Look for them at your supermarket or use small new potatoes (red potatoes) un-peeled and cut into four’s.
Fat-free feta cheese is sold in most supermarkets either in the cheese aisle or deli’s gourmet cheese section. Trader Joe’s also sells this cheese.
Ken’s Lite Caesar Dressing and Cardini’s Light Caesar Vinaigrette can be found in the salad dressing aisle of most supermarkets.
Weight Watchers (old points) 6
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 7
Skinny Facts: for 1 serving
288 calories, 6g fat, 32g protein, 26g carbs, 3g fiber, 614mg sodium, 5g sugar
Fat Facts: for 1 serving670 calories, 49g fat, 43g protein, 42g carbs, 3g fiber, 1094mg sodium